Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On the road again

Today I am off to Annual Conference - all the way to Buckhannon.  I have been "on the road" so much recently, that truthfully I'd like to just go over there and work in Alicia's yard/garden and sit and talk a bit - or sit and listen.  I really enjoy the worship and music times but get a bit bored with the actual work of the church. 

I am ready tho to sit and worship a bit more.  I've missed several Sunday services recently.  With the recent conversations I had with brother Walter, I am coming to terms with my passion for UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.  I continue to be hurt, I guess, by the fact that my father never accepted my decision/choice to marry in December 1964 here in Philippi.  There have been times when I thought I had forgiven him and accepted that, but I am not sure I have.

And that hurt, that sense of abandonment is the reason I refuse to give up on Rick or on Lindsey.  Mother Florence was so wise to insist on keeping in touch with me.  Was my father's behavior so rooted in his patriach background as a 1st generation American?  I feel like I can't know. 

So in a few minutes I will pack again... go to the church to take care of some things there including getting the buckets and kits ready to go, then home and help Pat with a knitting problem and meet the Elaines to be off.  Except this time I will take a few gardening things and 4 tomato plants.  Maybe working in the dirt there will help me feel some peace.

I liked Rev Marvin Carr's response to communion "Grace and Peace".  I was humbled to serve him communion, as I would be to serve Alicia and many other Pastors whom I hold in great respect. 

Time to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment