Saturday, June 21, 2014

A foggy AM

Here it is, Saturday again.  I have been feeling a bit lost these past few days.  I get into this kind of "funk" when it seems like I don't have much on my schedule.  I am not good at all at doing "nothing".  And yesterday I came to the realization (again, I am sure-) that the hardest thing to do to help someone you love, is nothing.  I am a "do-er" - I want to work and to "fix" things.  But I have clearly been made aware that my presence is too painful when you don't want to be busy, for whatever reason.

So, I  have spent way too much time stalking facebook, and playing games on my computer.  And today I realized I had forgotten my word for the year.  I looked it up - TRUST.  Back to that old part of me that seems to want to be in control - to do and to fix.

Why do I find it so hard to just be still and be quiet and TRUST?  Why do I think I need to stay in control?  Maybe today in my busy-ness and my quiet, I need to remind myself that I AM GOOD ENOUGH - to accept I am loved for who I am and whose I am, and that deeds and doing are not all that is required.

Thanks, Julie, for bringing me back to my word for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment