Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Post-op"

Over the last few months and weeks I have been dealing with vision issues (which may also be some type of a pun-).  Since early this year I have had an actual eye issue - which ultimately was diagnosed as a hole in my macula.  A little less than two weeks ago I had a vitrectomy - some of the fluid in the back of my eye was withdrawn and a bubble of gas was injected.  I spent over a week with my head facing the floor so that the gas bubble could exert pressure on the back of the eye to close the hole - to heal.  And according to follow up tests, it worked.  I rejoiced.  And of course I expected immediate return to "normal" sight and activities.

I might add, that I had carefully scheduled this so that all that I wanted to be part of could occur.  I have also been unable to separate the part of me that is pretty science based in analyzing all that is happening - all that I "see".  And I keep wishing I had know what was happening in advance to be better prepared to tolerate it as it happened.  Like, who knew that the bubble would become darker as it got smaller (hence increasingly harder to ignore....), or that it would reflect light and allow me to see and try to ignore rays of light.

Did I mention that I had carefully scheduled this so that I could "do it all" - everything that I had planned to do over the end of May into the last of June?  There had been a few bumps in the road. My husband has a health issue that should have been resolved in a couple months, now going on seven months.  But he has cheerfully adjusted/adapted.  Friends have had health concerns- and we have adapted.

But the continuing message to me is pretty clear - let go and Let God take control.  A VERY HARD lesson for someone like me.  So I will contine to give thanks for the healing I am experiencing, for the patience of my husband, and for the way God forgives my shortcomings, and Loves ME no matter what!  May I always rejoice and give God the glory and share HIS love with all the world- in action and in words.

Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment