Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Temporality

This is a new word for me - and I love learning new words.  My (old) dictionary defines temporality as the quality of state of being temporal.   So, the next step is to define Temporal - lasting only for a time - temporary, not eternal - of this world, not spiritual - hmm, civil or secular, not ecclesiastical - of or limited by time.  I guess that defines me / life.

In my reading of today's devotion in The Upper Room Disciplines, today's author uses Revelation 1: 4b-8 as her text.  There are serveral references in that passage of God/Christ as the beginning and the end,   And the author's reminder is that while God is everlasting, we are temporary.  I am again reminded of my instructions as I was being prepared to join the church, of God's infinite-ness.  God being the Alpha and the Omega - ominipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. 

And my more recent recognition that this all present, all knowing, all powerful God LOVES  ME NOT MATTER WHAT!  What wonderful knowledge. 

And this passage again from today -"The confidence in our anticipation is the sense in which that always-future-coming reflects the everlasting nature of the God we have always known in and through Jesus Christ."

And then, this other recurring thought - I miss being involved in a spiritual formation / spiritual development group.  I continue to pray and look for opportunities to form or join such a group.  In the meanwhile, I am thankful for a spiritual leader that stirred my thought proccesses. 

Hmm, always-future-coming.  Save your fork, the best is yet to come. 
Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment