Friday, November 30, 2012

Owning the truth

Today Sandpiper used John 17: 37 where Jesus says "Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice".  Those of us that know the truth - that Jesus is the Son of God, and thus God, know of His kingly stature - not someone like Pilate, someone come to rule the world in an earthly manner.

And Sandpiper went on to say that if you know the truth (emphasis mine) - the truth owns you.  I find this disturbingly appropriate this morning.  Over the last couple days, I used the savings acct with my inheritance to pay a bill - off setting what I had spent for Keith's weather station and our fun trip to Va to be with Robin and family (and Mira and family).  And in my haste when I made that transfer, I thought the amount in the savings acct was $5000 less that I thought I remembered it to be. 

I have "fretted" over that for the last several days.  Gone over my notepad of what I  had spent the inheritance money on.  My fear has been - since I deposited the $25,000, that I would "fritter it away" and not know/remember where it had gone.  I wanted that money to "count for something".  I guess maybe I thought it would devalue Florence if I could not account for my spending.

Well, after compiling what I could here at the house to verify my accounting for what I had spent, I was ready to confront the bank-  so I actually took a minute to look again at the bank account on the web, and indeed, the truth was what I remembered.  not what I thought I had seen - and as someone famous had said, that truth freed me from worry. 

So, let there be two lessons from this - one, if I trust myself to know the truth, trust yourself/have faith in your intuitions.  And, don't spend so much time worrying, double check the account - maybe I saw some number incorrectly.  Enough said.

Faith in God, faith in myself.  Gotta love it - and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment