Friday, October 14, 2011

Plans and detours

Sometimes I wonder if I invest too much energy into planning, but it seems like I don't know how not to.  And it seems like whenever I have a chance to do something unusual, there might be two things at the same time.  When I first read/knew about the AMN meeting next week, it was for "someone else" - but I felt a "tug" to go.  Is/was that my desire to do and be involved in "everything"?  Then two people encouraged me to go - Alicia and Bob, along with Tim, then Brenda.  Janice was to be here this weekend and my hope was that I did not need to choose between Janice and Alicia.  All seemed to be OK.  Now Jim seems to be rounding a corner - Janice is not coming.  I debated about staying home - even going to PA with her - but it seems best that I continue my plans.  Alicia suggested I drive my car in case I need to come home early - and that is my current plan. 

In the meanwhile, Janice has invited me to a week at the beach next May with her.  I need to honor that request.  Barb has asked us to go to FL with them in the spring - Lord, let these two weeks NOT  be at the same dates.  Keith and I need to get away together and he wants to take King to see how he will do.  We can not go to Janice's or Barb's with King.

In the meanwhile, I have been consciously limiting my spending and with the money market, have lost over a year's worth of expenses in this past quarter in our investments.  And Trevor, our trusted advisor has both lead us a bit astry financially recently, and gotten himself into some financial trouble, so we are changing to his recent partner Nina Jessee for our new direction.  We will need to meet with her some time in the fairly near future, as well as go to NJ to see Mother.

It is beautiful fall weather - the leaves are leaving the trees with all the wind and rain we have had in the past couple days.  And I wonder if King has now gone to get Keith up.

later?

No comments:

Post a Comment